Your business issues
According to your risk assessment, you need to design your machine with an emergency stop safety function to reach PL e EN/ISO 13849-1, SIL 3 EN/IEC 62061. This will allow you to meet current safety legislation and standards enabling CE compliance. You also need to speed up the time-consuming offer selection and documentation process. To reduce machine time to market and improve profitability when creating BOM, you need wiring diagrams and reliability calculation of the safety chain.
Our experts help you throughout the entire machine life cycle
- This Guard Monitoring with Embedded Servo Drive solution provides an efficient way to improve machine safety. The embedded safety module (eSM) enables the creation of a safety circuit.
- The documentation provides: wiring diagram, schematic, explanation of application, and safety reliability calculations. The safety chain solution supports the creation of safety architectures, with a Category 3 architecture PL e EN ISO13849-1 and SIL 3 EN IEC 62061 for the guard monitoring function.
- The safety-related stop function is initiated by actuation of an emergency stop or moveable guard designed to protect access into a hazardous zone.
- Opening of the guard is detected by a coded magnetic switch monitored by the processing module. Then, Safe Stop 1 is initiated on the drive, decelerating until standstill. If the deceleration or standstill position is hindered, the drive enters the safe torque off mode.
Value PropositionSafety chain solutions are designed to solve each safety function around a machine. Using safety chain solutions reduces time needed to create each safety function, in order to meet the requirements of the machine risk assessment.
It is possible to modify safety chain solutions with products specific to the needs of the machine, allowing them to be used as a template when designing the safety functions for your machine, improving efficiency while saving costs.Each safety chain solution contains:
- Explanation of the architecture and safety chain
- Wiring diagram
- Calculation explanation
- Calculation result
- TUV Certificate
- Sistema project file
DifferentiationSafety chain solutions minimize the complexity of implementing safety on machines. For each safety function around the machine there are ready-to-use solutions available to customers seeking CE certification.