Following the implementation of the Energy Efficiency Directive in the UK, the Energy Saving Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) is an according legislation which requires member states to introduce a mandatory programme of energy audits for ‘large enterprises’. This means over 7000 of Britain’s biggest companies will be required to undertake an energy audit by 5th December 2015, to be repeated every four years. As well as driving the EU’s carbon reduction targets, the ESOS has been designed to offer a significant opportunity for large businesses to create substantial savings and, in turn, future-proof their business. Alternatively, many will seek to achieve the coveted ISO50001 efficiency standard, a holistic energy efficiency programme, providing individuals with the processes and procedures to regular monitor their energy consumption, determine issues and instigate positive changes. As such, this alleviates the need for mandatory auditing.
The European Energy Efficiency Directive drives member states to develop strategic plans, which are implemented through country legal frameworks. This enables energy efficiency to be placed in the limelight as a business priority.
The framework will help you to embed energy savings, efficiency improvements and sustainability. Implementing these solutions will help to reach the 20% energy savings target by 2020.
- We work with you to ensure you gain certification, while laying the foundation for an energy and sustainability management system that will scale to meet future regulations and certifications
- Country specific analysis highlighting potential implications and opportunities from climate change-related legislation in Europe
Energy Audits, Assessments, and Efficiency Projects
- Recommendations to increase efficiency and lower energy costs, including potential savings and investment required. Projects that include redesign, upgrade, and commissioning of mechanical, HVAC systems, and lighting projects.
Energy Management Information Systems (EMIS)
- Metering solutions that leverage existing infrastructure to collect the resource data needed, such as electricity, gas and water for further analysis. We combine this with software that allows clients to see, measure and manage critical energy and sustainability data at any level: from shop floor to top floor.
- Independent market advice to secure the right solution for your business
- Unique and dedicated end-user business segment expertise
- Global capabilities, best talent and technology in the industry
- Managed services that enhance the Energy Management Lifecycle
- Market leading energy management specialists
- Uniquely positioned as supply, demand and sustainability specialists
- Supporting you to design strategy, deliver efficiency and sustain results
Why work with Schneider Electric?
The Energy Efficiency Directive contains many regulations and challenges. Schneider Electric can help you to not only meet these, but to harness your energy potential.
We lead our clients to better business results through superior sustainability performance and energy efficiency.