- Taking to the skies Uninterrupted at Geneva Airport
Modernizing the airport’s entire electrical distribution system – from the car parks to the runways – without delays.
Challenge• Geneva Airport has been growing in size and structure for years.
• As a world-class international airport, with only one runway, Geneva Airport serves 15 million passengers every year, and the numbers are expected to rise to over 25 million by 2030.
• To accommodate its growing demand, Geneva Airport has been upgrading its infrastructure, and renovating its terminals, cargo holds and hangers.
• At the same time, the airport is improving its entire electrical distribution system, which serves the car parks, the control tower, and everything in between. Electrical renovation however, can create disruption.
• Geneva Airport sought a reliable partner- one that understands the pressures of a global, 24/7 working environment, and one that can deliver trustworthy, innovative solutions in highly sensitive environments.
SolutionReliability and Efficiency with EcoStruxure
Connected Products: SM6 Switchgear, EasergyT200, RM6 Switchgear, Prisma PLV enclosure
• In 2011, Geneva Airport began its exclusive MEGA project (Modernisation Electrical Geneva Airport) together with Schneider Electric.
• This began with a complete renovation and installation of a new medium voltage system- from transformers to distribution equipment to monitoring software
• The project also introduced Smart Panels throughout the site, which enabled airport staff to centralize all energy information and generate accurate energy reports
• Schneider Electric is improving technology and passenger experience at the Geneva Airport without impacting day-to-day operations
Further than GenevaLearn more about our flexible, reliable and safe switchgear installation and maintenance.
Learn how your business can achieve success with Innovation At Every Level.
Discover our offer
Discover more customer stories
Learn about our small business solutions
Results• Improvement of reliability with trustworthy innovative solutions
• Cost-effective modernization using off-the-shelf products
• Remote monitoring and control of substations
• Integration with third-party software at the control center
• Space savings with indoor switchgear