for coordinated, synchronised and interpolated motion control - Motion Controller
A full range of scalable controllers to design all your applications, thanks to a single software suite, EcoStruxure Machine Expert, including the same Motion Libraries based on PLCopen, Embedded I/O, and numerous field buses.
Speed up machine design
- Same software for PLC and motion controller.
- Application Function Blocks to solve complex application requests.
- Motion library for programming, commissioning and diagnostics.
Reduce size, cost, assembly time & maintenance
- Use one product for motion & logic treatments
- With multiple integrated features an communication ports, reduce your assembly time with field buses (CANopen, CANmotion or Sercos)
- Easy diagnostics through transparency and remote access
Two different types of motion controllers to meet your requirements:
Modicon LMC058 – this controller is the optimum solution for synchronized axis control and positioning, including automation functions. The Modicon LMC058 includes as standard a CANopen master and a CANmotion master dedicated to control of up to 8 synchronized axes, with a performance of 2 ms for 4 axes.
Modicon LMC078 – this controller is designed for compact machines that require a high level of performance in motion control applications as well as control system and machine communication function management. The Modicon LMC078 includes a Sercos interface for real time motion control, one input for a master encoder and a lot of embedded communication interfaces: Ethernet, CANopen, Serial interfaces and optional modules for PROFIBUS DP, Ethernet/IP. Their high processing power enables the control of 8 synchronized axes in 1 ms and 16 synchronized axes in 2 ms on Sercos, the execution of a Boolean instruction in 2 ns and a minimum cycle time of 250 μs.
Intuitive machine programming with EcoStruxure Machine Expert - the unique software for EcoStruxure Machine controllers
- The right environment for every aspect of your machine: Standard and safe logic, motion design and HMI configuration.
- Build your application intuitively as never before due to an organised screen design
- Save engineering time by applying complete libraries or even a new machine module thanks to many predefined templates
- Download your software project on all devices with just one click.
So Machine is one of the most modern and powerful tool-based software concepts on the market!
The Modicon motion controllers are EcoStruxure Machine controller. The NEXT generation of EcoStruxure Machine™ from Schneider Electric is an intuitive solution for machine automation with all the features and functions you need to build machines that will improve your bottom line. From design and development, to commissioning and maintenance, EcoStruxure Machine is a complete machine building solution with benefits all through the machine life cycle.
Take the lead with a motion and a logic controller in one product !
Compact and totally expandable, the Modicon Motion Controllers offer performant solutions in terms of motion control for synchronized axis, speed control, high speed counting and communication networks for machine builders. They have been designed in order to satisfy the market requirements in terms of simplicity of installation and evolution.
Learn more about our machine control solutions!
Have a question?Search our library of technical questions, videos, guides, and answers created by our support team. Find an answer
Looking for a distributor?A simple tool to locate easily your nearest Schneider Electric distributor Find your local distributor
Ready to order?Save time by starting your sales enquiry online and an expert will connect with you! Please follow the link below, and supply your details. Contact sales