EcoStruxure™ Power SCADA Operation
The power of a SCADA uniquely designed for critical power management
No matter the size or complexity, every part of your electrical system needs to provide reliable power, 24/7. Your team needs continuous visibility into every risk, and the ability to react immediately.
As a key element of EcoStruxure Power, Power SCADA Operation is engineered to help facilities like data centers, hospitals, industrials, airports and electro-intensive operations maximise uptime. With rich data integration from connected devices, PSO’s unique capabilities provide real-time situational awareness, and offer a high performance, cyber-resilient solution for your specialised power networks.
Find out more
EcoStruxure Power SCADA Operation ebrochure
Manage and control your medium and low voltage networks with a flexible, secure, scalable, and redundant platform designed specifically for your needs.
Flexible, redundant architecture
With extensive communication and data exchange protocol support, connect to hundreds of smart devices, extracting rich data from meters, relays, circuit breakers, PLCs, RTUs, and more. Native architectural redundancy gives you the peace of mind that PSO will remain reliable even during a worst-case scenario. Generic SCADA platforms simply do not offer the depth of capability compared to a purpose-built Power SCADA.
Information and control exactly how you need it
Stay on top of power system status using patented animated one-line diagrams. Our graphical engine allows HMI and mobile views to be completely customised. Receive alarm notifications in real-time, use power events analysis tools to determine cause and effect, then re-establish normal operation using automated or manual control actions.
BenefitsPurpose-built edge platform that adapts to your complex electrical networks:
- Now >35% faster to deploy!
- More open protocols with OPC Unified Architecture (OPC UA), bridging IT and production
- High availability mobile notifications
- Seamless integration with Schneider PLCs (including the M580) to monitor and control
- Compliance to IEC-62443 international cyber-security standards
ApplicationsHelp protect people and assets
- Monitor breaker protection settings and ensure proper breaker operation and fault isolation to avoid safety hazards
- Operate breakers remotely to minimise arc-flash risk
- Detect abnormal conditions, such as rising busbar temperatures, that represent a risk to safety and operations
- In hospital operating rooms, protect patient safety during operations by detecting circuit insulation faults
- Quickly understand the real-time state of your power system
- Use real-time alarm notifications, filtering, sorting, and categorisation to respond quickly to events
- Perform root cause analysis by tracing sequence of events, analysing waveforms, then quickly and safely re-establish normal operation
- Perform fast, automatic fault isolation and power restoration
- Monitor protection settings to ensure proper isolation of faults to avoid system wide outages
- Analyse the aging of breaker contacts to avoid failures and enable proactive maintenance
- Track system capacity to avoid overloads and make sure backup power systems are able to handle loads in case of an outage
- Set energy reduction targets and adjust operations for continuous efficiency improvements
- Track how much energy and other utilities (WAGES) are generated, distributed, and consumed
- Avoid power factor and peak demand penalties
- Use shadow billing to identify errors in utility bills
- Create accountability by allocating costs to departments or processes
- Reveal unused system capacity to avoid upgrading or overbuilding
- Showcase energy performance to a broad group of stakeholders via energy kiosk displays
- Comply with energy efficiency and green building standards (e.g. ISO50001/2, SEP, LEED, NABERS)
- Verify utility/grid service and internal compliance to power quality standards (e.g. EN50160, IEEE519, ITIC)
- Ensure regulatory compliance with backup power system testing (e.g. NFPA110 and others)
- Comply with common IT practices (password management, whitelisting, two-factor authentication). Align with cybersecurity global standards such as IEC 62443. Use an industrial-grade firewall to monitor traffic between IT, OT, and Internet network zones.
Have a question?Search our library of technical questions, videos, guides, and answers created by our support team. Find an answer
Looking for a distributor?A simple tool to locate easily your nearest Schneider Electric distributor Find your local distributor
Ready to order?Save time by starting your sales enquiry online and an expert will connect with you! Please follow the link below, and supply your details. Contact sales