The high-performance, versatile, scalable and compact platform for secure automation and communication applications.
Remote Terminal Unit
Saitel is a highly-evolved field device, offering a solid and powerful platform for data acquisition, communication, automation and IED integration, including backplane and DIN rail based solutions.
As a remote terminal unit, bay controller or protocol converter, Saitel is the compact solution to countless applications installed in demanding electromagnetic conditions.
In addition to the traditional input/output (I/O) management, Saitel acts as a powerful communication gateway, an advanced measurement center and a fast automation processor.
Based upon an extendable distributed architecture and featuring enhanced functionality and power, Saitel Family offers:
- The ability to monitor and control thousands of I/O points.
- Operational redundancy for power supply, CPU, communications channels, or for the entire system (supporting automatic failover with hot-swap).
- Extensive library of standard and legacy protocols for information exchange between multiple masters and RTU.
- Input/Output acquisition modules with signal conditioning and integrated time synchronisation (1 ms) and independent time stamping.
- IEC 61850 technology that is certified as Class A by the independent testing laboratory KEMA for both IEC 61850 server and client interfaces.
- Cybersecurity features and functions can support a utility’s NERC Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) compliance.
Schneider Electric Saitel offers many key benefits such as:
- Simplicity of implementation and operation.
- Flexibility of a product opened to a wide variety of SCADA systems and to all communication medium types.
- Large storage capabilities: the advanced head unit can be ordered with an optional compact flash interface in case large amounts of storage memory are required.
- Powerful yet cost effective.
- Straightforward commissioning
- Open communication structure
- Remote access by operating program
- Easily configurable
Distribution & Transmission Networks:
- SAS for HV & MV Substations
- SAS – Gateway - Station Level
- SAS – Bay Control
- Feeder Automation & Pole-top RTU
- Communications Front-End
- Field Solar Controller
- Solar Plant Comm. Front-End
- Hydro Power Plant Automation
- Hydro Group Automation
- Process Control
- Control substations and Autotransformers Centers
- Catenary control
- Communications Front-End
Have a question?Search our library of technical questions, videos, guides, and answers created by our support team. Find an answer
Looking for a distributor?A simple tool to locate easily your nearest Schneider Electric distributor Find your local distributor
Ready to order?Save time by starting your sales inquiry online and an expert will connect with you! Please follow the link below, and supply your details. Contact sales