Seismic and nuclear
Spacial SF & S3D enclosures
Enclosures designed for projects being carried out in areas of seismic activity, performs up to UBC (Uniform Building Code) zone 4
FeaturesSchneider Electric offers a range of LV earthquake resistant floor-standing and wall mounting enclosures. The Spacial ranges can answer to each type of project requirements in different seismic risk zones.
Spacial enclosures for seismic solution, from weak to strong earthquakes:
Up to UBC zone 3:
o Standard Spacial SF & SFP has been tested to guarantee the right performance on seismic risk.
Up to UBC zone 4:
o Spacial SF 5G: LV power distribution up to 3200 A.
Up to UBC zone 4 (very strong earthquakes)
o Spacial SFP 5G, all tests have been performed according to the following technical regulations:
- EDFCRT 91 C 112 00, Nuclear. EDF (French Electricity Board) technical specification.
- IEC 60068-3-3
o Spacial S3D6G: 6 standard references & 59 customized dimensions 6G tested (on demand).
Schneider Electric offers a wall mounting enclosure, in accordance with the nuclear requirements:
Nuclear (K3) solution :
• Spacial S3D6GK3, performs up to UBC zone 4
• 6 standard references & 59 customized dimensions in accordance with RCCE 2012 (on demand).
• Decontaminable coating (following CCTR 91C 03106)
All tests have been performed according to the following technical regulations:
- EDF CRT 91C 112 00,
- Nuclear EDF (French Electricity Board) technical specification
- IEC 60068-3-3
- K3 in accordance with RCCE 2012 requirements
BenefitsSpacial SF & SFP 5G enclosures:
- Specific reinforced crosses on sides of the enclosure guarantee the mechanical withstand of the structure
- Specific fixation system that avoid loosening of screws
- Specific bars and handle to avoid accidental door opening under severe vibration conditions
- Specific compact reinforced plinth
- Sheet metal Thickness 2mm (Cable gland plate 1,5 mm)
- Reinforced mounting plate
- Wide wall fixing support
- Reinforced locking system
ApplicationsSpacial SF & SFP 5G:
Industry in seismic risk zones: Automation & Control, 19" electronic, LV power distribution.
Also other configurations enable to be certified for nuclear applications
Spacial S3D6G & S3D6GK3:
Industry & Infrastructure in seismic risk zones: Automation & control
Answers to Nuclear requirements following RCCE 2012
Have a question?Search our library of technical questions, videos, guides, and answers created by our support team. Find an answer
Looking for a distributor?A simple tool to locate easily your nearest Schneider Electric distributor Find your local distributor
Ready to order?Save time by starting your sales enquiry online and an expert will connect with you! Please follow the link below, and supply your details. Contact sales