The Altivar 212 is a variable speed drive for 3-phase asynchronous motors from 0.75 kW to 75 kW. It is specifically intended for the most commonly encountered fluid management applications in tertiary sector buildings (HVAC): heating, ventilation, air conditioning and pumping. Due to its eco-energy based design, energy savings of up to 70% can be achieved compared to a traditional control system.
- Altivar 212 covers motor powers between 0.75 kW and 75 kW on the following supplies:
- 200…240V 3-phase, from 0.75 kW to 30 kW, IP 21
- 380…480V 3-phase, from 0.75 kW to 75 kW, IP 21
- 380…480V 3-phase, from 0.75 kW to 75 kW, UL Type 12/IP 55
- Speed range: 1:50
- Transient over torque: 110% - 60 s.
- Integrated EMC filters, categories C1 to C3 depending on model
- Communication bus most commonly used on the market integrated: Modbus, METASYS N2®, APOGEE FLN P1® and BACnet®. Optional: LonWorks
- Complies to international standards and certifications: UL, CSA, C-Tick and NOM
- Antiharmonic technology enables a THDI < 30% to be achieved
- Less noise pollution (airdraulic noise, motor noise, etc.).
- Detection of transmission component breakage.
- Smoke extraction: forced start with fault inhibition.
- Automatic restart.
- Allows register management.
Heating and Air conditioning:
- Optimise control in fluid processing.
- Use of PID controller (temperature, flow rate, pressure, etc.).
- Adjustable flow rates for better energy management.
- Suppression of mechanical resonance.
- Detection of underload/overload, pump running dry.
- Multi-motor configuration.
- Limitation of operating time at low speed.
- Sleep/Wake function.
- Pressure surge suppression for prolonging the life of the installation.