At Hannover Messe 2019, Schneider Electric showcases digital collaboration and productivity solutions to power connected industry
• Schneider Electric Exchange is the world’s first cross-industry open ecosystem that unleashes the power of collaboration in an open environment
• Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure architecture and platform gives unprecedented productivity with IIoT-ready solutions for machine builders
02/04/2019 – Closely aligned to the “Integrated Industry – Industrial Intelligence” theme of Hannover Messe, Schneider Electric, the leader in digital transformation of energy management and automation, will showcase a range of digitally connected products, solutions, and services that help customers either begin their digitisation journey, or accelerate their digital transformation.
Schneider Electric’s Exchange and EcoStruxure platforms of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT)-connected apps, services, and products help decision-makers and managers digitise operations quickly, cost-effectively, and with complete confidence.
“To maximise returns in this rapidly evolving environment, industry needs open and innovative platforms for sharing ideas, breaking down silos, and unlocking access to new markets, which is why we’ve launched Schneider Electric Exchange,“ said Peter Herweck, EVP, Schneider Electric Industry. “To support this collaboration, we are launching new products, closely tied to our EcoStruxure architecture and platform, that help managers in all sectors digitise machines and processes, while driving efficiency and resilience in an increasingly competitive environment.”
Schneider Electric Exchange unleashes the power of collaboration in an open environment
Schneider Electric Exchange is the world’s first cross-industry open ecosystem dedicated to solving real-world sustainability and efficiency challenges. Schneider Electric Exchange helps customers reach a larger customer base in otherwise hard-to-reach new markets, thanks to a vast library of resources such as APIs, analytics, and data sets to improve digital offers. It leverages digital tools and expertise to scale solutions and speed up time to market, while allowing collaboration through a powerful cloud-based platform to share insights and designs, and effectively manage and complete projects.
As an illustration of Schneider Electric Exchange in action, global management consulting and professional services firm Accenture brings the ability to create customised solutions and develop digital business models, while Claroty, a security specialist for operational technology infrastructure, offers industrial cybersecurity expertise, working with companies to address the larger digital risk that comes with integrating IIoT solutions.
Central to Schneider Electric Exchange is EcoStruxure™, the group’s open, interoperable, IoT-enabled system architecture and ecosystem of experts. Leveraging advancements in IoT, mobility, sensing, cloud, analytics, and cybersecurity, EcoStruxure delivers enhanced value around safety, reliability, efficiency, sustainability, and connectivity, bringing innovation at every level. EcoStruxure is deployed in almost 500,000 sites with the support of 20,000+ developers, 650,000 services providers and partners, 3,000 utilities, and connects over 2 million assets under management.
EcoStruxure gives unprecedented productivity with IIoT-ready solutions for machine builders
EcoStruxure for Machine Builders is a powerful application that delivers real time control and analytics to Machine Builders, helping them deliver greater operational efficiency throughout the machine life cycle. At Hannover Messe, Schneider Electric is launching the new TeSys island Digital Load Management and Modicon M262 Logic & Motion controller, which work seamlessly with EcoStruxure for Machine Builders to give OEMs the unprecedented ability to easily integrate IIoT functionality into new and existing machines:
• TeSys island, a new fully-digitised IoT connected load management solution that saves on design, wiring, and commissioning time, as it is based on multifunctional devices and avatars for industrial applications. It allows for 40% faster machine integration with the cloud, using open standards, with built-in end-to-end cybersecurity.
• Modicon M262 with embedded direct cloud connectivity and encrypted communication protocols, and up to five separated ethernet networks for fast logic & motion performance in demanding applications. Modicon M262 provides benchmark performance with 30% better motion and four times faster CPU execution than the market reference.
A new range of EcoStruxure Advisor apps and services help companies start and even accelerate their digitisation journey
Because comprehensive digitisation can be a daunting prospect for companies who face lost investment if they need to replace existing machines with new IIoT-ready equipment, Schneider Electric is launching a range of new EcoStruxure Advisor apps and services that make secure cloud-based IIoT integration easy, while reducing the cost and time of implementation. New Advisor apps and services being showcased at Hannover Messe include:
• EcoStruxure Power Advisor for energy managers gives unprecedented insights into data quality and network health, with real-time information on data quality and recommendations that establish a trustworthy data foundation.
• EcoStruxure IT Advisor gives data center managers an instant overview of their data center operations, helping optimise capacities, plan changes and analyse business impact, automate workflow, and deploy energy-based billing to reduce OpEx and increase ROI.
• EcoStruxure Workplace Advisor helps building managers create smart workplaces thanks to actionable insights delivered through intuitive dashboards that analyse data from IoT-connected devices and systems throughout buildings, maximising space efficiency and improving occupant quality of life.
• EcoStruxure Process Safety Advisor is a digital process safety platform and service that aggregates real-time data, analytics and insights from multiple sites and geographies into a single user interface. It enables customers to understand their risks within minutes, and then act decisively to drive better business results.
• EcoStruxure Equipment Efficiency Advisor is a specialist manufacturing intelligence software tool, created by and for operators, production managers and maintenance personnel, that collects, measures, analyses, and reports operational performance, availability, quality, and Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), while performing root cause analyses.
• EcoStruxure Pumping Performance Advisor increases the performance, efficiency, and sustainability of Water & Wastewater pumping stations. Delivered through consulting and Software as a Digital Service, Pumping Performance Advisor provides maintenance cost assessments, a Service Bureau that turns actionable insights into concrete recommendations via user dashboards.
• EcoStruxure Clean-In-Place (CIP) Advisor helps Food & Beverage companies eradicate loss and reduce consumption, thanks to a CIP monitoring tool that provides traceability and diagnostics, product loss monitoring, energy monitoring dashboard, and real-time reports. Clean-In Place Advisor also includes a complete Walkthrough Audit to check conformity with best practices on Energy, Automation, and Process