What are the dedicated applications of the ATV31 variable speed drive?
The Altivar 31 is a frequency converter for three-phase squirrel cage asynchronous motors.
It is rugged, compact and easy to install.
It incorporates functions which are suitable for the most common applications, including:
- Material handling (small conveyors, hoists, etc.)
- Packing and packaging machines
- Specialist machines (mixers, kneaders, textile machines, etc.)
- Pumps, compressors, fans
Transient overtorque is between 170 and 200% of nominal motor torque (typical value).
See the ATV31 characteristics in our online e-catalogue (module 60261).
Altivar 31 drives communicate over Modbus and CANopen industrial buses. Both these protocols are integrated in the drive as standard.
Altivar 31 drives are supplied with a heatsink for normal environments and ventilated enclosures. Several drives can be mounted side by side to save space.
Drives are available for motor ratings ranging from 0.18 kW to 15 kW, with four types of power supply:
- 200 V to 240 V single-phase, 0.18 kW to 2.2 kW
- 200 V to 240 V three-phase, 0.18 kW to 15 kW
- 380 V to 500 V three-phase, 0.37 kW to 15 kW
- 525 V to 600 V three-phase, 0.75 kW to 15 kW
Answers which others found helpful