What limit switch should I use to monitor the operating direction of a sliding gate?
In order to monitor the operating direction of a sliding gate (detecting movement to the right or to the left) using a single detector, the best solution is to use a 2-step limit switch.
There are many models of limit switch, but the standard low-cost model with IP66 degree of protection and an operating temperature between -25°C and + 70°C is available in the XCKJ range.
The best solution consists therefore in combining:
- A ZCKJ404 body/contact assembly
- A ZCKYxx operating head
- This ZCKJ404 body is made up of 4 contacts distributed as follows:
- Two 13-14 and 11/12 contacts for activation on the right
- Two 23-24 and 21-22 contacts for activation on the left
As standard, cable entry for Pg13, part number ZCKJ404
- ISO M20x1.5 tapped cable entry, part number ZCKJ404H29
- 1/2 NPT tapped cable entry, part number ZCKJ404H7
XCKJ for use at low and high temperatures
For an operating temperature up to - 40°C, use body part number: ZCKJ4046 (add H29 or H7 according to the cable entry).
For an operating temperature up to +120°C, use body part number: ZCKJ4045 (add H29 or H7 according to the cable entry).
Caution: For these non-standard temperatures of - 40°C and + 120°C, the operating heads are different to those used between -25°C and + 70°C (see catalogue).