School Lighting through programmable time switches
- School Directors need to optimise operating costs by saving lighting energy and automatically starting school bells at the right time.
Solution in brief
The solution suggested allows Directors to:
- Limit the amount of lighting used to the number of hours required for school activities by programming the times during which classrooms and common areas need to be lit.
- Monitor how long the lighting is used and be informed when the time is exceeded (for maintenance purposes).
- Program bell operating times and durations.
- Limiting the amount of lighting used to the number of hours required for school activities IHP provides light related energy savings.
- Without a time switch, the lights would be on from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm. With the time switches, this could be reduced to 3 hours in the morning, and 3 in the evenings, when light is really needed, therefore savings can be up to 50% depending on the original use .
Main Energy Efficiency characteristics
In addition to significant energy savings, this solution provides:
- Easy modification of time switch program for special events and vacation.
- Easy copying of the program from one time switch to another with the memory key.
- Possibility of temporary timer or continuous override operation of standard switch or push-button installed away from the panelboard to allow cleaning and maintenance persons to work outside school hours.
- Automatic summer/winter time change.
- Implementation is extremely simple.
- The "override" function on the front face enables permanent lighting for cleaning and maintenance services.
- Capacity to monitor how long the lighting is used and be informed when the time is exceeded (for maintenance purposes).