Fans control for Building HVAC systems
- 70 to 80% of HVAC applications (air handling units and cooling towers) are fan applications.
- Compared to conventional installations like motor starter and flow regulation by an outlet valve, AC drives allow you to save up to 50% of energy consumption. At 80% of nominal flow, the energy consumption is 95% of nominal power with conventional installations instead of 50% with AC drives.
- On top of that, the energy saving law of the Altivar 21 allows you to optimize the motor control according to the load (air density). It results in a few additional % of energy saving.
- Open to the main building communication networks
- Eco8 software easely estimate the energy saving according to your pump or fan applications and duty cycle.
This architecture illustration is US designed.
This is the S Flex range : combination of circuit breaker, by-pass contactors, drive, etc...
For other Countries, we suggest to use the Altivar 21 variable speed drive.