Hotels solution: Manage ventilation in hotel bathroom
- The hotel manager wishes to lower the electrical energy consumption while providing guests with maximum comfort by installing an automatic bathroom ventilation system.
Solution in brief
- Ensure that the bathroom ventilation system is operational while the bathroom is in use and that it remains on only for a few minutes after the light has been switched off.
- A time-delay relay is used to prevent the extractor from switching off immediately and to ensure that it remains on during an adjustable time-delay period.
- Peace of mind: Automation ensures considerable energy saving by automatically extinguishing lighting and ventilation when it is not necessary. Up to 15% of energy saving
- Flexibility: The time delay can be set from 0.1 second to 100 hours.
- The RTC relay supplies its output 18 as soon as input Y1 is activated
- The time delay starts when RTC input Y1 is disabled
The solution is to use an RTC relay to supply the extractor when the bathroom light is switched on:
- The ON-OFF switch controls the lighting and ventilation at the same time
- When the hotel guest switches off the lighting, the RTC relay continues to operate the ventilation
- The ventilator stops after a preset operating time to ensure that any unpleasant smells and moisture are removed but prevents energy waste.