SmartSwitch is an electronic remote control panel that allows the user to operate breakers on a switchboard from a safe distance, either away from the equipment, or outside of the switch room. SmartSwitch offers more features than standard hard-wired remote control panels:
- The ability to act as a central alarm panel for switchboard, showing detailed alarms from your Sepams.
- Keeping a record of when breakers are opened or closed by the operator.
- Events are recorded in an alarm summary.
- Graphical interface of the switchboard.
- A web page shows the same data as Schneider Electric’s Magelis HMI.
- The unit contains a back up battery to provide standby power for one hour.
To enhance SmartSwitch, there are a range of other options available including;
- 16 digital outputs, which can be used and configured for additional alarms in the switch room.
- SMS notification to a mobile phone when an alarm is present.
- Email notifications can be set up to alert you when an alarm occurs.
- The ability to interface with your Building Management System or SCADA