Renewable energy alternatives
Cement is an energy- and carbon fuel-intensive industry. As yields-per-ton continue to decline, and more raw material needs to be moved per unit of product, energy has become a significant cost factor.
Technology and solutions needed to fully optimize energy usage through energy efficiency, energy management, renewable energy, and new energy technologies
Our hybrid generation photo-voltaic systems, creating a hybrid system architecture that addresses the most economical energy mix.
In high irradiation areas, a low cost of energy (LCOE) can be achieved by Solar PV, making it affordable:
- Solar PV is scalable, as plants are designed based on standardized building blocks.
- Solar power systems can be built quickly, even in difficult climates.
- Power can be produced where it is needed, and without transmission line losses.
- Solar can be combined with diesel gen-sets and battery systems to form a micro-grid that does not rely on the primary grid.
Schneider Electric has expertise in the key disciplines to deliver effective renewable-based systems:
- Worldwide solution capabilities
- Cement process experience
- Solar power solutions
- Micro-grid expertise
- Integration of renewable energy into other systems
Reduced energy costs
Reduced impact on the environment
Greener and more sustainable operations