Telemecanique, now Schneider Electric, is a market leader and global expert in providing products and services for industrial control and automation. It provides complete solutions with a range of components including programmable logic controllers, variable speed drives and communications software. In addition, it offers power distribution through prefabricated busbar trunking.
The Schneider Electric, brand is today developing automation products and systems in detection, man-machine dialogue and process supervision. For industry the brand is intended for machine builders, operators, fitters and instrument panel operators. The brand supplies them with excellent performance and productivity along with first class customer service and support.
The history of Telemcanique
Telemecanique pursued a policy of innovation since the beginning, becoming the leading global reference for automation management throughout its history.
1924 : Acquisition by Michel le Goullec of “Manufacture d’Appareillage Electrique” which, in 1928, became “Télémécanique Electrique.” The history of Telemecanique, related through its inventions, began with the marketing of the first bar contactor. A patent was registered in 1924, the same year as its acquisition!
The brand then rapidly expanded its activities to become the leading specialist in automation management. It notably developed D contactors which became a global reference. Schneider Electric acquired Telemecanique in 1988. After joining the Group, the brand continued its development with the invention of the Osiris ranges of photoelectric cells and the integration of web technologies to propose the first onboard web servers for its robots. In 2001, QuickFit technology was born enabling connections without tools or cables.
In 2009, Telemecanique products, services, and solutions migrated to the Schneider Electric brand as its Automation and Control offer.
Back to Our brand history